If you know anyone with Alziehmers, I find these oils are really nice to help, I do mini hand massages on Alzeihmer patients and they respond really well to this treatment.
Essential Oils for Alzheimer’s
Here are seven essential oils that have been identified as particularly useful in treating someone with Alzheimer’s disease:
• Lavender – emotion balancing, promotes calmness
• Lemon balm – promotes calmness, relieves anxiety and insomnia
• Bergamot – relieve anxiety, agitation and stress
• Peppermint – stimulates the mind, calms nerves
• Rosemary – stimulates mind and body
• Ginger – relief from loss of appetite and constipation
• Ylang Ylang – ease depression and promote sleep
In addition to the therapeutic benefits of the actual oils, studies suggest that sensory stimulation itself can reduce agitation, improve sleep and enhance the overall quality of life for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.